Are you having trouble paying your mortgage? Are concerned about losing your home to foreclosure? MassHousing may be able to help.
If you are a MassHousing Borrower
If you have a MassHousing Mortgage loan and are unable to make your mortgage payment, MassHousing has experienced and dedicated staff who will work with you to find the best options. Please call us at 888.843.6432 or email email@example.com so that we can assist you.
If you feel you have been unfairly denied foreclosure prevention alternatives, please call our escalation department toll-free at 888.843.6432.
The following is a summary of MassHousing's service commitment to provide fair consideration and timely resolution of the escalation process:
- Within three (3) business days of receiving your escalation request, MassHousing will acknowledge your inquiry in writing (email, fax or mail) and provide you with a date upon which you can anticipate a proposed resolution
- Within the earlier of five (5) business days of identifying the resolution or thirty (30) days of receiving your escalation request, you will be notified in writing of the proposed resolution and the next steps you must take in order to pursue the resolution, if applicable
If you have a non-MassHousing loan
Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT)
The state-funded Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program is available to low-income homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure. Eligible homeowners may apply for RAFT through the Emergency Housing Payment Assistance Portal.
Additional resources for homeowners who are behind on their mortgage are listed at massmortgagehelp.org.
What to do Next
If you are worried about keeping up with mortgage payments or are at risk of foreclosure, there are steps you should take no matter what your circumstances may be:
- Contact your lender, who may be able to help you find a solution.
- If your foreclosure is scheduled in the next 7 days, contact the Massachusetts Division of Banks (DOB)
- Call the Homeownership Preservation Foundation at 888.995.HOPE for unbiased advice on avoiding foreclosure. Learn what you need and what to expect when contacting the HOPE Hotline.
- Contact your local NeighborWorks organization for support and assistance.