Who is eligible for a MassHousing Mortgage?
MassHousing loans help households with modest incomes buy a home in Massachusetts.
- Borrowers must meet income limits and purchase a single-family home, condo or 2-4 family property
- Many of our programs are for first-time homebuyers, but we have several programs if you’ve previously owned a home.
- Credit and other eligibility requirements also apply.
How to get a MassHousing Mortgage
MassHousing is not like other lenders. Here’s what you need to know:
- MassHousing works with more than 100 lending partners to make our loans available across Massachusetts.
- You choose an approved lender and ask for a MassHousing Mortgage.
- The lender determines your eligibility for a MassHousing Mortgage and down payment assistance.
- If you are eligible, you work with the lender during the homebuying process, through loan closing.
- After closing, MassHousing purchases your loan from the lender and you make your monthly mortgage payments to MassHousing.
Homeownership Down Payment Assistance
Across the country and into a home of her own
December 10, 2021
With the help of an affordable mortgage loan and down payment assistance from MassHousing, Lisa and her family are settled into their new home in Massachusetts.
Home at last...
July 23, 2019
Stephen Murray has moved 16 times over the course of his life. But now he has unpacked for the last time.