Who is eligible for a MassHousing Mortgage?
MassHousing loans help low- and moderate-income households buy a home in Massachusetts.
- Borrowers must meet income limits, which vary by location and loan program.
- Many of our programs are for first-time homebuyers, but we have several programs if you’ve previously owned a home.
- Credit, income and other eligibility requirements also apply.
How to get a MassHousing Mortgage
MassHousing is not like other lenders. Here’s what you need to know:
- MassHousing works with more than 100 lending partners to make our loans available across Massachusetts.
- You choose an approved lender and ask for a MassHousing Mortgage.
- The lender determines your eligibility for a MassHousing Mortgage and down payment assistance.
- If you are eligible, you work with the lender during the homebuying process, through loan closing.
- After closing, MassHousing purchases your loan from the lender and you make your monthly mortgage payments to MassHousing.
Homeownership Operation Welcome Home
National Guard member buys a home in New Bedford
January 14, 2020
Evan Dupree used a MassHousing Operation Welcome Home loan to buy a home in New Bedford.
Homeownership Down Payment Assistance
A team effort
July 23, 2019
Thanks to her persistence, and help from a small but expert homebuying team and MassHousing, Latisha Steele is happily settled into a brand new home.