Careers at MassHousing
MassHousing provides a challenging, progressive and supportive environment that encourages and promotes employee development.
We offer competitive salaries; tuition assistance; comprehensive health, dental, life, and disability plans; ongoing training and career development; flexible work schedules; generous leave time; emergency back-up day care; a corporate culture of promotion from within; and an employer-matched deferred compensation plan.
If you are interested in joining MassHousing, please forward a letter of interest and resume to: MassHousing, Human Resources, One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Fax: 617.624.9494.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
MassHousing will provide reasonable accommodations and appropriate communication auxiliary aids and services to persons with disabilities upon request.
Current Job Openings
Senior Rental Underwriter
Since its inception in 1966, MassHousing has supported affordable home ownership and rental housing opportunities throughout Massachusetts. The Agency has provided more than $22 billion for affordable housing in that time. Currently, MassHousing is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Senior Rental Underwriter to continue the Agency’s storied history of affordable housing funding.
The Senior Rental Underwriter leads a team of assigned Rental Underwriters, Associate Underwriters and/or Analysts who prescreen, underwrite and close multifamily loan transactions involving taxable or tax-exempt bond financing. S/He reports directly to the Manager of Underwriting. The Senior Rental Underwriter works closely with Originators, Portfolio Managers and Legal to provide credit and structuring recommendations to meet Agency requirements relative to best practices, standards and Policy and Procedures.
More specifically, the Senior Rental Underwriter is responsible for the following:
- Prescreen, underwrite and close portfolio of complex multifamily loan transactions
- Oversee development of underwriters, associates and analysts through on-going leadership, mentoring and career development planning
- Provide technical expertise on all loan products and types of transactions
- Provide strategic recommendations and solutions to Manager of Underwriting
- Collaborate with internal staff including, but not limited to, legal, finance, origination, design & construction, rental management and loan servicing
- Deliver excellent customer service to staff and business partners under tight deadlines
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional critical thinking, negotiation, problem-solving and effective time management skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work both collaboratively and independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Responsive with ability to anticipate problems and opportunities
- Broad knowledge of tax credit equity, government and private debt lending programs, including credit enhancement and rental subsidy programs
Minimum Education and Training
- Master’s or professional degree or equivalent work experience required
- FHA Multifamily Underwriter training/certification required
- HUD-approved MAP underwriter preferred
- At least seven years of substantial experience in the debt financing, equity investment and/or asset management of affordable rental housing properties
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
Salary: $102,811 – $131,084
All positions at MassHousing require a customer service mindset, in accordance with our values: Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, Accountability and Service.
MassHousing offers competitive compensation as well as an attractive benefits package. Serious candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Human Resources, MassHousing, One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108, or faxed to 617.624.9494, or emailed to email@example.com. Please share in your cover letter how or from whom you heard about this career opportunity.
MassHousing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.