TAP Management Trainings
TAP, MassHousing's Tenant Assistance Program, offers courses to property management and social service staff that address social issues affecting families and seniors in rental housing. Staff of TAP member sites have unlimited access to TAP trainings, which are scheduled throughout the year.
Many trainings meet HUD’s certification requirements for resident service coordinators.
|Developing Effective, Successful & Resilient Leaders & Teams in Property Management
|Reasonable Accommodations Level 2: Hot Topics
|Hoarding Intervention Skills Building
||5/5 and 5/12
|Reasonable Accommodations Level 1: What You Need to Know
|Working with Residents in Culturally Competent Ways
|Alcohol and Drugs in Housing Level 1: What to Know and What to Do About It
|Safe Work Practices for Maintenance Staff
|Reasonable Accommodations Level 2: Pets and Assistance Animals
- General public: $50 half day, $75 full day
- Staff of local housing authorities: $35 half day, $50 full day
- Staff of TAP member sites: FREE registration*
*Free training registration is a benefit of TAP membership, which is available to developments overseen by MassHousing.
- Scholarships are available, contact Linda McMahan for more information
- Confirmation of course registration is essential for attendance
- NOTE: If you register and do not attend or cancel, you will be billed for the full course amount. This applies to staff of TAP member sites as well
- In case of inclement weather, call 617.854.1084 after 5:00 a.m. on the training day for cancellation information
- For individual accessibility needs, contact Carol St. Cyr or (Videophone): 866.758.1435 at least one week before the training
Questions? Contact Janeen Harris at TAPregistration@masshousing.com or 617.854.1069.
You can receive TAP announcements in your inbox. Email your name and contact information to TAPregistration@masshousing.com.