Information for Lenders
Already a MassHousing lender? Visit our lender extranet, eMassHousing.com.
If your institution is not approved to offer MassHousing products, you're missing a great opportunity.
Become a MassHousing Lender
MassHousing partners with community banks, savings & loans, credit unions, mortgage companies and mortgage brokers to provide a range of mortgage products and services for low- and moderate-income homebuyers and homeowners in Massachusetts.
Make MassHousing your first and foremost resource when thinking of affordable housing and home financing. Contact our Business Development Team to learn more. Or, become a MassHousing Lender today!
What Can MassHousing do for You?
- Approved lenders earn fee income through the origination and sale of MassHousing loans
- Lenders who are so governed earn CRA credits for their efforts
- Easy, paperless loan submission through our lender extranet, eMassHousing
- Affordable first and second mortgage products appeal to a range of borrowers
- A special mortgage insurance product, MI Plus
Our Commitment to You
MassHousing's field business development organization serves the Agency's partners as a valuable consultative resource on all things pertaining to affordable homeownership financing. The group has a demonstrated expertise in
- First-time homebuyers
- Emerging markets
- Fair Lending
- Low- and moderate-income lending
- Minority business development
- Foreclosure prevention initiatives
- Anti-predatory lending
Mortgage Insurance with MI Plus
MassHousing offers a special mortgage insurance product, MI Plus, on the loans it purchases and on certain loans originated by community banks.
- MI Plus offers lenders and investors the traditional benefits of private mortgage insurance
- MI Plus mortgage payment protection covers a borrower's principal and interest payments for any six months during the first 10 years of their mortgage, in the event of job loss