Buy Cities Initiative
Looking to buy a home in Attleboro, Brockton, Chicopee, Fall River, greater Gardner, Holyoke, New Bedford, Quincy, Southbridge, Springfield, Taunton, Ware, Westfield, or Worcester? Consider an affordable, low or no-downpayment loan through the Buy Cities program.
How to Apply
Buy Cities mortgages are offered by approved lenders and made possible by MassHousing. Visit the appropriate program page, listed in the right column, for participating lender information.
Who is eligible?
The Buy Cities program is for borrowers purchasing a home in Attleboro, Brockton, Chicopee, Fall River, greater Gardner, Holyoke, New Bedford, Quincy, Southbridge, Springfield, Taunton, Ware, Westfield, or Worcester.
Buy Cities loans
- Are fixed-rate mortgages with zero points
- May be used to finance up to 100% of the purchase of a home
- Have rates and terms competitive with traditional down payment loans
- Feature MI Plus mortgage insurance, with mortgage payment protection
Income Limits and Other Restrictions
Income limits apply and vary by community. Search income limits.
To qualify for a Buy Cities loan, you must
- Have good credit
- Have a total monthly debt of less than 45%
Do you have questions about the homebuying process? Want to stay informed about MassHousing products and support for homebuyers? Subscribe to Homebuyer Tips!