About the Policy & Innovation Team
MassHousing's Policy and Innovation Team was created in 2019 to engage with internal and external partners to support and develop research, analysis and recommendations that expand affordable housing in the Commonwealth.
The Policy & Innovation Team works closely with MassHousing’s Executive Director, Chrystal Kornegay, and senior leadership to envision new initiatives that advance the Agency's mission.
The Team uses a design thinking framework to approach its initiatives for lending differently, financing differently, planning differently.
The Policy & Innovation Team is involved in several initiatives, including
- Creation of a state-wide affordable housing database
- Development of a neighborhood stabilization program
- A partnership with municipalities to build on locally owned land
- Development of the State’s Economic Development Plan in partnership with the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED)
- And, the Racial Equity Advisory Council for Homeownership (REACH)